Monday 25 November 2013

FW: Brake Lines

From: JtC
Sent: Monday, 25 November 2013 11:55 AM
To: John
Subject: RE: Brake Lines

OK this all sounds good – there will be no issue with us using 3/16” line for that rear circuit supply line from the dist block-to-dist block. Your old master was a single circuit: that one ¼” line supplied both front and rear circuits via the dist block.

I was more wondering if he would be able to provide the larger fittings we require on the smaller line though, but it sounds like he has that under control. Line diameter shouldn’t matter as far as I can make out.

Yes, get some of those small brake line saddles… any you don’t use will be happily used on my EK!

Oh and I don’t know about brake fluid any more – been a while for me. Have a look at what The Right Stuff recommend for the installation, or ask your man at BrakePro. Get it from them on your way home tonight.

Shall I head up after work then?

JtC


From: John
Sent: Monday, 25 November 2013 11:47 AM
To: JtC
Subject: Brake Lines

OK… so stopped-off this morning to drop the jig saw puzzle into Brake Pro. Spent a good 15-20 mins briefing them.

They were fine with it all. The fabricator mentioned that everything these days is made out of 3/16” line and that ¼” line is obsolete, though he saw that I had a new ¼” line ) the one with the blue/gold fittings) so he said he will see what I can do.

He has ¼” line, he was just unsure that he had the 7/16” and 9/16” fittings to suit that diameter.

Blanking plugs were no prob, they take an allen key. Retaining hardware, they simply had small saddles to take 3/16’ line. They didn’t have any separators.

I will take a wander through the workshop here and see what I can find.

Must remember to get brake fluid, we’ll need quite a bit. DOT4?

J

No comments:

Post a Comment