Friday 2 December 2016

Swappin' Relays + Grit Blasting

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John
Date: Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 12:56 PM
Subject: Verrry interesting...
To: JtC

Yo!

This morning I swapped the fuel pump relay with one of the thermo fan relays and gave it a start. Buzzing as usual. I thought I would check fault codes...


P0036
P0056
P0463 and
P0483
...are all usual suspects, no problems there.

The interesting one is P0480...
Cooling Fan Relay 1 Control Circuit

Extract:
"The causes for this DTC may include:
  - Faulty fan control relay 1"

Don't know B2aaa, but I think "B" is something to do with body control module (which is deleted). I know the low-speed thermo fan function is managed by the BCM, so there is every chance it is tied-in with P0480.

Video here...

After switching the car off I swapped the relays back again.

A few other things...

Coolant is below the top of the core.

Packed the bonnet hinges and bonnet latch into the Commodore in the hope that I can find some time this arvo to give them a grit blast.

< Edit... done! Photo below >






























With all the starts I have been giving the Chev this week, I decided to disconnect the negative terminal and put the battery on trickle charge.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment