Sunday 15 July 2012

FW: Carpet Stuff

From: JohnSent: Sunday, 15 July 2012 7:43 PM
To: JtC
Subject: Carpet Stuff

Howdy!

Glued the carpet to the underlay last night and used up all the last of the contact adhesive (which is good as the lid was glued shut and I had to puncture the can to pour the remnant out). Also made up a sheet of foam/vinyl laminate from off cuts to use to fill in gaps. I filled up a couple of gaps last night.

Today, got another tin of adhesive and a new brush. Glued down the front and trimmed the carpet back around the passenger-side B-pillar. Looks good.

I glued down enough to pick up the underlay, but I didn’t do any around the accel pedal as it would have been a fiddle doing it right with only one person. I figured that can be glued down out of the car.

I figure the plan from here on in is…
- take the carpet/underlay out of the car and finally glue it down.
- pack-up any low spots with underlay off-cuts + fill-in any sound insulation gaps that need doing.
- punch holes
- final trim of the carpet
- install trim/seats

Thoughts?

John

No comments:

Post a Comment